- Laptop or desktop computer and webcam
- Up-to-date Chrome browser (recommended)
- Up-to-date Firefox browser (alternative)
- Internal or external (e.g., headphones) microphone
- Internal or external (webcam) camera
- Reasonable broadband connection (Internet connections, like those in coffee shops, are not recommended)
Be prepared to allow the browser to access your video and audio.
Scheduling a Tutoring Session1. Login to Pathways Navigate
In Chrome, go to: my.pitt.edu/launch-task/all/pathways-navstudent and log in using PittPassport.
2. Click on the purple Appointments icon on the Explore menu and click the blue Schedule an Appointment button to get started.
The next few screens will prompt you to choose what type of appointment you want (in this case, Tutoring), the school or campus, and the reason for your appointment.
3. Chose a time for your tutoring appointment.
4. Confirm the appointment by clicking on the blue button at the bottom.
A confirmation email will be sent to your Pitt email account.
5. Open the confirmation email in your Pitt email account. Your appointment confirmation will include a link to your tutor’s personal classroom.
6. Attend your scheduled session.
At the time of your scheduled appointment, refer to your appointment confirmation email and click on your tutor’s classroom link. Follow the instructions to connect to your session.
Need More Help?If you have trouble accessing either site, please contact PathwaysHelp@pitt.edu for assistance.
If you are having problems logging in using Pitt Passport, please contact the Pitt IT Technology Help Desk at 412-624-HELP or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.